A Few Simple Ways To Save Water
Here are a few simple ways to save water (that I didn't think about how I waste it).
1) Put a timer in your bathroom for showers: I'm guilty of liking a long shower in the morning to wake up. One way I could save water is to put an egg timer in the bathroom, set it for 15 minutes and then finish up when it goes off.
2) Then there is, turning the water off when I soap up: We all do it, let the water run while we soap up. I could turn the water off, and then clean my body, and turn it back on to rinse.
3) Put a bucket under the tap, as I let the water warm up: Don't we all let the water run for a minute or so as it flushes the cold water in the pipes and gets warm. Capturing that and using it on other things, like plants or to shave, would cut back on waste.
4) So too in the kitchen: I rinse out three bowls I have down for the cats I have at the house almost every morning. Seems that the water gets a slight film to it. I bet that water is fine to use for the plants in my garden.
5) And for brushing your teeth: Though I have gotten in the habit of filling a coffee cup half way when I brush my teeth, and using it instead of leaving the water running.
I imagine if I was really hardcore I could put a large container on the output of my washer, but I'd need a pump and some smaller buckets since I believe the amount is above 5 gallons. Still doable though.
What other simple ways could you save water?